Peak Season 2022–2023 (01/11/2022 – 15/01/23)
- Inventory that does not follow our guidelines will be subject to longer wait times.
- We reserve the right to refuse inventory that is in violation of our receiving guidelines.
- During peak season, same-day shipping is not guaranteed.
All freight deliveries must be scheduled with Spaceful directly.
- LTL shipments need to be scheduled at least 24 business hours in advance.
- FTL and containers need to be scheduled 72 business hours in advance.
- Small parcel: you are sending in a batch that has 20 boxes/cartons or more it needs to be scheduled 24 business hours in advance.
- We only receive inventory on weekdays Mondays to Fridays between 7 am - 4 pm warehouse local time.
- All unscheduled deliveries will incur a $500 fee and may be turned away if no dock is available.
Receiving Requirements for Small Parcel/Freight
- Each box must have the Spaceful Receiving Slip visibly placed on the outer boxes
- If pallets, each pallet must have the Spaceful Receiving Slip on each pallet
Floor Loaded Containers
If you send floor-loaded containers (not on pallets), then the following fees will apply:
- For a 20-foot container: $450
- For a 40-foot container: $650
- Palletize: $27 / pallet
If you are sending a floor-loaded container, you will need to alert Spaceful at least 72 business hours in advance.
If the products within your Warehouse Receiving Order are deemed non-compliant, you may be subject to a $25 fine.
In addition, added fees for labor and supplies may also be incurred in order to mark your Warehouse Receiving Order as compliant for efficient receiving.
If your products arrive un-barcoded you will be charged $0.20 cents to barcode per unit.
|SKU||Each unit must have a SKU associated. SKUs must be created on your eCommerce store before adding them to your Spaceful Account.|
|Barcode||Each unit must arrive at the warehouse barcoded. If barcodes are not matching, you should expect delays and fees during receiving times. You are able to print barcodes via your Spaceful Account.|
Receiving Operation Guidelines
- All Warehouse Receiving Orders (WRO) will be spot checked.
- Accurate spot check: We will check at least one carton per WRO. If that carton is accurate, we will not count the individual units for the remaining cartons. We will assume the remainder is accurate and receive in full (according to the SP) without an additional count. There is no charge to you when the spot check is accurate. Please note that Spaceful will not be liable for any underage/overage within 1.5% for WRO that passes our spot check process.
- Inaccurate spot check: If the spot check shows a discrepancy, Spaceful will count the entire WRO to ensure we have an accurate inventory. You, the merchant, are responsible for the cost of Spaceful counting the entire WRO. You will be charged 52$/hr until the count is completed.
- If we find that your WROs or certain vendors are always inaccurate we will always require a full count upon receiving and you will be charged for that labor.
All non-compliant Warehouse Receiving Orders that arrive at the warehouse may be subject to automatic fees:
- First offense: $35 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
- Second offense: $75 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
- Third offense:$125 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
Receiving Timelines for Compliant Shipments (Unless stated otherwise in your Master Service Agreement)
- Less than 6 pallets (small parcel shipments included): Between 1-5 business days from arrival day. During peak season, our receiving can take 5-7 business days.
- Over 6 pallets but less than truckload: Up to 7 business days from arrival day.
- Truckload (26 pallets)/half container: 7-10 business days from arrival day.
- Full container - Less than 2 full containers: Up to 7-10 business days from arrival day.
Note that for the above timelines, arrival day is considered day 0.